Fluoride Treatment in Hilton Head Island: Fluoride, A Natural Mineral is a Solider For Enamel
Fluoride Treatment: What is Fluoride? A natural mineral that gets along really well with the mineral bonds in tooth enamel. It can be found in water, soil, air and rocks, among other places in nature. As part of your oral hygiene routine, it is very effective in fighting tooth decay.
Fluoride can stop and even reverse cavities, and it even helps restore tooth enamel, rebuilding bonds as they begin to wear away.
Hilton Head Island and Bluffton Will You Benefit From Fluoride Treatment? Find Out Here
- Individuals with dry mouth. Saliva helps neutralize acid and protect the teeth. Therefore, those with conditions that cause dry mouth (including diabetes, Sjogren’s syndrome and conditions that require radiation therapy) or who take certain medications (such as drugs for allergies, depression and high blood pressure) can benefit from fluoride treatment.
- Those with a history of cavities. These individuals may be more susceptible to future decay.
- Those with less than optimal dental hygiene. Illnesses or conditions that limit one’s ability to brush or floss regularly can lead to the buildup of plaque and tarter, causing tooth decay.
- Individuals who have restorations such as dental crowns and bridges. These teeth are particularly susceptible to decay at the point where the restoration meets the tooth.
- Individuals with braces. Braces can trap food, making it harder to floss and brush adequately.
- Frequent snackers and those with a high-sugar diet. Increased exposure to plaque and bacteria puts their teeth enamel at greater risk.
- Bottled-water drinkers and others who don’t get enough fluoride.
- Children whose permanent teeth have not yet developed. Early exposure to fluoride during childhood fortifies the permanent teeth before they even emerge, leading to teeth that are stronger and more decay-resistant for a lifetime.
Fluoride Treatment in as little as 4 Minutes!
It’s simple and only one appointment is required for a fluoride treatment. We will first put a flavored fluoride gel or foam into a tray that resembles a mouth guard. This tray will be kept in your mouth for one to four minutes. After this period of time, you may spit the solution out.
Lastly, you will be asked to refrain from drinking, eating, rinsing or use of tobacco products for optimal results.
Fluoride Treatment isn’t just for children-it’s very important for adults, too! Enhance the health of your smile today.